Speed!

Last Saturday’s meet in Fort Morgan had nearly 70 students from FMHS competing in many events, such as Long Jump, Pole Volt, and 800m dash.  Over 15 other teams competed on Saturday, all trying they’re best to be the best they could be.  Schools such as Brighton High School, Fossil Ridge High School, and Windsor High School, but let’s not forget the MUSTANGS! 

Kacie Bohm, Placed 6th in the Pole Vault and got a PR of 6-6, and also achieved a new season best of 28-8 in the Triple Jump, which placed her in 10th.  Spencer Kokes placed 9th with a PR of 5-6 in the High Jump.  Aaron Mendez ran a PR of 53.80 in the 400m, which placed him in second.  Elizabeth Godar placed 1st in the 100m, and also ran a new season best, her time was 13.17.  And Sean Turner also ran a new season best time of 4:43.21 in the 1600m which also placed him in first. (For more statistics on Saturday’s meet please visit http://co.milesplit.us/teams/FTMO)

“I think Liz Godar is our team’s best athlete, I’ve been in track since 7th grade and I’ve been in almost every meet except for maybe 3 or 4.  My usual events are the 800m and the 1600m, and my fastest time on the mile was 4.26,” said Sean.